Thursday, April 14, 2011

A new quarter

A new quarter, a new subject: the Great War. I’m talking about World War 2 of course. I am pretty excited about studying it. Even though this particular war is a well-worn path in my mind, it is still an infinitely interesting topic. I am excited to explore the unexplored portions of the War. Two things came to mind when we were discussing what we wanted to learn: why Japan entered the war, and what role Africa played in it. Throughout my life, I have caught glimpses of some sort of conflict in northern Africa pertaining to the War, but I don;t know who was fighting and why. I think it has something to do with colonies. Another things is exactly why Japan entered the war. Why did they do it? I am curious about what benefits Japan saw in doing that, especially since at that point Germany seemed to have been fighting a losing battle.

Although I would like to learn about other things, from Ancient American civilizations to the rise of religion in Ancient Europe, WWII is always a welcome subject in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment