Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Schindler's List so far...

Great. Although I have seen it before, that was a while ago and it's great to see it again. This time around I am really seeing how much of a well-made movie it is. From the performances to the cinematography, it's just a really great movie in general. As for the subject matter, it's heartbreaking of course. I think it does a really good job of conveying the atmosphere of the camps, though I was not in one, it is pretty realistic and it really sucks me into the story. I like to let this happen because it immerses me in the universe of the movie. On the outside I am sitting intently and quietly with very little external reaction. It is perhaps because of that behavior that I am confused and disheartened at some of the reactions the audience has been having, e.g. laughing. The "it's so ridiculous you can't help but laugh" excuse only goes so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment