Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pro-Gaddafi Forces close in on Rebel Stronhold

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2011/03/201131614230683317.html

So Gaddafi's son has said that the rebels will be crushed in 48 hours. Of course this is an exaggeration, but I have a strong fear that he may be partly true. Just like in Egypt, the anti-government protests started in peace, but unlike Egypt, they have ended in violence. Now there is a civil war going on and it doesn't look pretty. Gaddafi's forces have planes and helicopters and bombs, while the rebels have old russian AK-47s and the like. This is not a balanced war.

Meanwhile, in the comfy padded halls of the United Nations, politicians are debating over imposing a no-fly zone. Really? They are talking about imposing a no-fly zone? They should have done that three weeks ago! They should now be talking about how many troops to send in. Really, a crazy dictator is killing his own civilians to stay in power. Sound familiar? I mean, really, just send in troops and planes and kill Gaddafi. Yes, I consider myself a pacifist and I would never ever kill anybody unless I really had to. But honestly, if I was given the chance, I might kill Gaddafi myself. This is seriously something that has to be acted on quickly. Okay, the United States, France, the Arab Leauge, and anyone else supporting the no fly zone, I have a message for you: SEND TROOPS TO LIBYA RIGHT NOW!!!!

Jeez.

No comments:

Post a Comment